After 10 days of travel and craziness we have arrived in Dayton, OH. We went to Kauai, Hawaii with Eric's parents and had a blast. I will post more details and pictures later. On Sunday we arrived back in Des Moines at two and by seven the next morning we were on the road. It was a whirlwind of a visit but it was great to stop back at home.
On Monday we left Des Moines at seven and headed to Chicago. A few months ago Eric was watching the Travel Channel when they were doing a documentary about pizza. The show focused on the New York thin crust and Chicago thick crust. Over the next year we have a plan to eat pizza in both Chicago and New York so we can decide for our selves which one is better.
In Chicago we stopped at Gino's East. Gino's is one of the original deep dish places in Chicago. I was a little weary of stopping because the weather was nasty. It rained the entire drive. A few times it was raining so hard we couldn't see out of windshield at all. I have to admit the pizza was amazing-the best I have ever had.
With Eric being the Notre Dame and "Rudy" fan that he is we couldn't drive so close to the campus and not stop. It was still raining but we got out and walked around the stadium and got soaked in the process. Eric was so excited to see the campus and the stadium in person.
We made it to Dayton at about nine and got settled. I am excited because there are a ton of places really close that I can walk to so Eric can have the car.
No comments:
Post a Comment