Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Friday, June 4, 2010

Monday May 24, 2010


This was the day of the driving.  Eric’s dad realized he needed sandals for the boat ride that we are going on so we started the day at K-mart, on to Wal-mart neither of which had any sandals that would work.  On the island of Kauai Hilo Hattie’s is the souvenir shop to go to.  I have started purchasing photo frames for each place that I visit and so I found one I liked and since we spent over fifteen dollars I got a free sarong.  As we were heading up the island we found a turn off for a waterfall and so we drove up there to see the falls. The Opaekaa Falls are gorgeous plus the house that John Wayne filmed “Donavan’s Reef” is right at the top of the falls. 

After a few more shopping stops we made our way to the light house that is in a wildlife refuge. There were sea birds everywhere and they were doing there mating flight dances. It was amazing. The birds were so graceful. 



For lunch we stopped at this place called "Bubba's Burgers". It had the feeling of a fun beach side burger joint. They had funny signs all over the place. One of my favorites said, "Unattended children will be given a kitten and an espresso".

Throughout the day we kept stopping at beaches to take pictures and to see the beauty of the island. We were planning on swimming at Kalihiwai beach but by the time we got there it was rainy so we headed on home.
My favorite place of the day was Hanalei Bay. Part of what made it so great was the fact that Hanalei in Korean means heaven. It isn’t everyday that one gets to visit heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment