Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday May 25, 2010

Part of the reason Mom and Dad were able to rent a condo here is because they agreed to go to a sales pitch presentation. It started at 8:15 and we thought it would only take about two hours. We were about two hours off. Granted Mom and Dad did purchase time share points to use at Diamond Resorts around the world. One of the reasons they purchased this one was because they can accumulate points that can build into a trust fund that they will leave to us kids.

While Mom and Dad were spending money Eric and I read by the pool, walked around a shopping district, swam in the ocean, swam in the pool and laid out. We didn’t want to get too involved in anything since we weren’t sure when they would be done.


After Mom and Dad were done we all piled in the car and drove up to Waimea Canyon. At the top at the Ko’kee state park there is this little mom and pop restaurant that made the best Kailua pork sandwiches. I wanted to take lots of pictures again but I had left my memory card in the computer so I had the chance to just enjoy the day without worrying as much about trying to get good pictures all day. Of all of the great vistas we saw all day the one of the Napali coast was splendid. Walking up the path to the lookout you couldn’t see anything but the fence but once you walked up there the view caused me to stop and just say “wow”. This island is proof that Heavenly Father truly created the earth in complete beauty for us to enjoy.

It was also the day of rainbows. We saw a total of three, two of which were a perfect bow with all of the colors visible. At one point it looked like the rainbow was touching down just about 50 yards from us. I kept looking to see if I could see the pot of gold. Even though I was a little bummed that it was a rainy off and on the rainbows made it feel like it was all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment