This weekend involved me actually getting out and talking/socializing to people other than Eric in person!!! I know we can all gasp together since it has been about three weeks since that happened last. Kamala and Travis Sloan lived in Iowa and were in our ward until they moved here to Dayton. On Friday we hung out with them and then two other med students to play tennis, swim and watch soccer. We were watching the USA vs Slovenia and I got way into the game. Eric was really surprised since I don't watch soccer.
Saturday started with me going to a Mary Kay luncheon with Kamala. It was really fun because lets be honest who doesn't like playing with make up and feeling pretty. I was very proud of myself and didn't purchase anything while I was there.
After the luncheon we all drove down to Cincinnati to go to Jungle Jim's. It is like the Cabala's of grocery stores. Not only do you shop but it is also an experience. There are foods from all over the world along with normal everyday food like a regular grocery store. Eric and Travis both served their missions in Brazil and had fun looking at all the Brazilian foods.
On our way back we tried to stop at this place called Traders World Market. It is huge with all of these giraffes on the roofs. Unfortunately it closed at five and it was already almost five. There was an outlet mall across the street that we went to instead. I found a great little bookstore that had a lot of books for really cheap. I splurged and bought a couple of titles.
It was great day and fun to be out and about with friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment