Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Friday, May 21, 2010

A change in media

The last couple of months I have noticed that in a lot of TV shows and movies couples aren't splitting up automatically if one commits adultery. At first I thought this was a good thing; divorce doesn't have to be the only option when there is a problem (even a big problem). But as I have thought about this I have realized that along with couples not separating when adultery happens, adultery is being shown as something that will happen and couples need to deal with this "expected" and "common" occurrence. That makes me so sad because this is just one more way Satan is trying to get to the family. Telling people even if they give in to temptation they can still have their family. I am so grateful that I am able to know the truth and not have to depend on what the world says is good or bad, right or wrong, moral or immoral.

1 comment:

  1. This also makes me sad. It's so pathetic that they show that it's not possible to remain faithful to one person that you loved and committed yourself too.

    The other one that really bothers me is when they "fall out of love" and get divorced. You fell in love with them in the first place so you should be able to fall in love with them again even if it does require a little bit of work. It's just showing society as lazy and if it doesn't work out it doesn't matter. It's such a sad thing.

    ReplyDelete