As with most of us we have friends who have children and friends who don't. I know for me personally there have been times when I felt out of the loop for not having children but that was my own emotions surfacing about wanting children. I agreed with pretty much everything this article said and I am grateful I found it. There are some many things we don't always ask or share but by voicing them we make friendships stronger.
I personally don't feel the same way about babysitting. Being able to help take care of children brings me great joy. If I offer it is because I really won't mind. Also, I am not a worrier about children coming to my home. Like the article said I am more concerned that the child is safe (or entertained) than anything I own.
Does this article ring true to anyone else balancing the kids/no kids friendship?
http://www.blogher.com/making-momonnonmom-friendship-work
No comments:
Post a Comment