Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Monday, May 3, 2010

LDS.org - Ensign Article - The Value of Experiencing and Expressing Gratitude

LDS.org - Ensign Article - The Value of Experiencing and Expressing Gratitude

This is one of those articles that I have read multiple times. Ever since I really started dealing with depression I had heard that I should try and be more grateful and to focus on the positive. At the time I just ignored it thinking that it wouldn't really help anyway. Last month after attend a book club talking about "The Last Lecture" something just clicked for me. If I want to be happy then I should fight to be happy. I will admit I still struggle and have days where it is easier to be Eeyore rather than Tigger but as I work to be more grateful and to see the blessings it is becoming easier and easier to overcome the negative thoughts.

On the track of being grateful I want to say thank you for all who have listened to me when I complained and who offered great advice or a loving shoulder. It is amazing to me that Heavenly Father loved me so much to make sure I was surrounded by such wonderful people these last two years. Thank you for your examples and your friendship.

1 comment:

  1. I love your thoughts on gratitude and fighting to be happy. I find that all I have to do is remember the pioneers and what they did and the rest comes easier...

    ReplyDelete