Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Sunday, April 26, 2009

What's in a name?

What is your full name? Who were you named for? How do you feel about your name?

My full name is Kristelle Lee Moore Larsen. I have to admit that I have gone back and forth about my name and how I feel about it. At times I was grateful that it was unique and I didn't always have to be known my my first and last name all the time. Sorry to all of the Jennifers out there. But then at other times I hated when I was waiting during roll call or at the doctor's office because they always mispronounced my name and I had to correct adults in front of everyone. Plus unless they said my last name I was only 90% sure they were calling my name anyways. I did love that my initials before I got married were klm-right in alphabetical order!

My first name is actually the French version of Crystal but my mom got it from from a glass bowl in Sears called "Krystel". She loved the name so much that she changed the spelling and named her first daughter. My middle name was after my Aunt Linda whose middle name is also Lee. As a child I hated my middle name because I thought it sounded like a little old Asian man. Now having served a mission in Korea I love my middle name and feel it an honor to have an Asian name. My maiden name was always a blessing since it was very simple. With having a more unique first name that last name of Moore was perfect. The same is true for my married name. Larsen is one of those names that everyone has heard so I don't have to repeat that and spell it all the time along with my first name. I do have to mention that Larsen has an "e" since people tend to want to put an "o" in there instead.

Who would have thought that I would have so much to say about my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment