What special skills did you learn as a child? Who taught you?
The first one that comes to mind is writing my name. Granted almost everyone learns to write their name at some point but I thought I was pretty special. I remember setting at the dining room table at our house in Florida and my mom would write my name out in dots and I would have to trace over the dots to write my name. By the time I started kindergarten I could write my name.
The second item that really comes to mine is when I was a little older- 6th grade. My aunt was having a baby and I wanted to make something for her so my mom taught me how to crochet. I was so proud of myself when I was able to give my aunt the blanket for my new cousin when they came to visit. I was even more proud a few years later when I found the blanket in my cousin's room-they had actually kept it!
Those are the two that come to mind right away. I am sure I learned other things as a child that I don't even realize or have forgotten along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment