Do you remember a special birthday party you've had, given or attended?
I remember a few special ones that I had or didn't have. When I was turning 6 I had been such a brat that my mom told me I couldn't have a party and I replied with the snottiness much older than my five years that I was okay with that because I would still get presents. And I did.
For my 14th birthday my parents rented a hotel room for me and I invited 14 girls to come stay the night. It was crazy. One of the girls brought confetti and we found it in sleeping bags for years.
And last but not least for my 16th birthday and my sisters 14th birthday we rented out the Ankeny pool in June (halfway between our birthdays). It was so cold no one could swim and so we hung out for a while and then we went home. The only one who swam the whole time was Travis. I think it took us weeks to get the blue out of his lips from being so cold :)
No comments:
Post a Comment