On Sunday evening Eric and I arrived in time to have a a big dinner with Eric's parents, sisters, brother-in-law, nephew Kyle, Grandma Coffman, Grandma and Grandpa Larsen, Uncle Alan and Aunt Barbara, cousins Zac and Megan, Uncle Andy and Aunt Molly, cousins Declan, Nayia, Cayenne and Teague. It was a fun dinner and it was great to see everyone. After the extended family left we did our small family Christmas.
On Monday Eric and I went with his parents to visit a few extended family members. We started up in Salt Lake City. We saw Eric's great-uncle Shirell and Aunt Susan. This was the first time I had met them and Eric hadn't seen them in years. It turned out to be really good timing since Uncle Shriell was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia and ended up in ICU.
After Salt Lake we headed up to Ogden to see Eric's great
aunt Margaret. She has recently been diagnosed with cancer and so it was great to see her and visit with her. On the way back to Sandy we stopped to see Eric's great grandmother who is 99 years old and more with it than I am on some days.On Tuesday we started out early and headed to the Draper Temple. Eric and I went with his parents and Grandma Coffman. I was able to do a family name and it was great to be there with family. For lunch we had really yummy Brazilian food at Brasa Grill. I always eat way too much when we go there. After lunch we headed to the Oquirrah Mountain Temple. This time Eric and I did baptisms. I loved seeing all of the youth there who were wanting to be at the temple during their break.

Wednesday was a slower day. In the morning we did a few errands. I love being able to go to the Distribution Center and Desert Book when I am in Utah. Recently I also wanted to start learning to play the piano and the Distribution Center sells and keyboard program to teach your self. The only thing I am missing now is a piano. In the afternoon I met up with a college friend and we went shopping. From the moment I walked in to Downeast Outfitters I loved it. I spent way to much money but I was able to get a great dress for the Winter Gala that DMU has every year.
Thursday brought a lazy day. I went to Eagle Mountain to visit a friend from high school while Eric met up with a college buddy and watched football. For New Year's Eve the whole family gathered together to have a Wii tournament. Eric and his Dad put together a bracket based on ten games that we were going to play. In the end I got 5th place out of 8 but I did win overall in bowling. I scored 194. I have never done that well in my life. Eric beat everyone. For prizes Eric and his mom bought a bunch of items and then we did a white elephant type rotation with the gifts. We finished up right at midnight and enjoyed the ball drop.
I hoped you enjoyed your stay! One of these visits we should get together and do a Korean/Brazillian thing...I don't know what that entails but it sounds good to my tummy :-)
ReplyDeleteHey Kristelle... I browsed through a couple of your posts. You post so often- I never keep up! (I should post more often too) Looks like you had a wonderful holiday!
ReplyDeletelove you lots!