Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Utah Continued

Our last day in Utah on Friday brought a day of relaxing, packing and just hanging out at the house. Eric, his mom and I made a trip up to Salt Lake City to see Uncle Shirell but other than that we all just hung out and tried to recover from the late night before.

Saturday started at about 3 AM so we could catch the early morning train back home. The train ride home was much less eventful and we arrived only a few hours late. I felt much better prepared the ride home than I did on the way there, mostly because I knew a little bit more of what to expect.

A lot of people wanted to know about riding the train basically using our experience to make future decisions. After our trip Eric and I will probably take the train again. I would not do with just the coach seats if it is an over night trip for two reasons: one, being able to lay down flat and actually let your body know that it is time to sleep and two, because the privacy of being able to shut the door and the curtain and be alone was great. There were showers but I forgot to pack flip flops. Next time I am totally taking flip flops so I can shower. For packing purposes a very small bag each is all that really fits. Not having to eat a lot of fast food the whole time we were traveling was great. Food on the train is so much better than plane food any day of the week. Also with the sleeper car the food is included. Eric and I both had $20 steaks one night and they were good steaks. With all of the security hullabaloo right now with planes again it was nice to not have to worry about all that with the train. The customer service was great, and everyone in general was much more calm on the train than in airports. I still vote train even with all of our delays on the way out which I believe were a rare occurrence to be that severe. That being said I probably wouldn't plan on taking the train if there was a time commitment on the other side like a cruise etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment