My mission was one of the most unexpected experiences of my life. When I was 21 I prayed about going on a mission and it wasn't the right time. Later after I graduated college I was working to get into grad school and had things all lined up when I felt the Spirit prompting me to go on a mission. I wrestled with it for a week because, to be honest, I didn't want to go. I felt like I had given Heavenly Father His chance to send me when I was 21 and now I was almost 23. Once I decided to go I felt such a great peace that it was almost palpable.
I learned a lot as all missionaries do. While I was in South Korea I was diagnosed with clinical depression. It did cause a lot of problems on my mission but I was glad that I knew going into marriage that I would be dealing with this trial. I got to see a part of the world and live in a culture that I never would have learned about. I learned a lot of lessons but as per the previous post there are still a lot of lessons I need to learn.

I love the picture!
ReplyDelete