Over the past two years Eric and I have lived very close to school and work. Even when I worked at the North Side Library I was only 15 minutes away and for a lot of that time we had two cars. Now with living with my parents we are lots farther. When it is time to "head into town" it feels like a big ordeal. Eric used to run up to school all the time to study or other random things but not anymore.
This morning I had to work at 10 and so Eric brought me into town and was planning on studying and then we would go home at 2. Well the problem was I actually worked at 2. Eric was nice enough to come back and get me. We both headed to school where Eric downloaded the articles he needed, picked up a load of boxes at the apartment and then headed back out to Johnston. I was only home for about 2 1/2 hours before I had to turn around and head back into town. Plus I am going visiting with our RS president tonight and planning everything with the car and drive takes a lot more work.
I don't know how people commute to school and work everyday. I am not sure if I can really be a commuter.
Since you know that I live literally in the middle of know where...you just get used to it. It saves me money sometimes because I have to essentially "commute" to just go grocery shopping. I will admit though that there are days that it drives me up the wall, but for the most part, it becomes normal to commute-Justin gets a lot of reading in or books on tape, so there are some pluses to it too :o)
ReplyDeleteCommuting is so difficult! I did it for one year and vowed never again!
ReplyDelete