Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Monday, February 15, 2010

A Follow Up

Last Friday I posted about how I was feeling sad about not being part of the mommy club. Since then I have had a few interesting experiences. A friend left a comment on that post about how we all feel left out of conversations at different times. She was being very supportive and her comment helped me realized that once I have a child there will still be times when I don't feel included. Having the moment kicked me toward the door of my own pity party. Then on Sunday during Sunday School I was in the teacher improvement class. The focus was on teaching the doctrine and not watering it down. Two separate people talked about how the world yells at us so much of the time that on Sundays we need to hear the Gospel in its purity to give us strength. I will admit at that point my mind switched gears and I went off on a tangent. Women of the world are told to be so many things and so when women of the Gospel get together they need the chance to talk and to help strengthen each other. I felt the Spirit chastising me for not being as considerate of the needs of those around me. Thank you to all who in some way or another helped me get kicked out of my own pity party.

No comments:

Post a Comment