Just the two of us
Monday, November 16, 2009
To Aquire Spiritual Guidance
On Sunday in RS we had a lesson based on Elder Scott's talk "To Acquire Spiritual Guidance" . It was a great lesson but I found it interesting that as I read the talk today (I admit I had not read it beforehand) the parts I remember most are not from the talk. At one point we were talking about how so people get caught up in trying to pray about everything. While this sister was sharing her thoughts I was thinking about how Eric and I had prayed about fourth year and how we decided to go where we were going. I was getting really worked up about the whole thing and stressing about it. Eric noticed this and we started talking about the fact that he had been praying to choose places that would be good and should he start to chose a place that would be wrong that he would be stopped. I thought that was great council and decided to try it myself. After that I found that certain programs leaped out at me when I would look at the list and I felt good with all of the ones he applied for. When he started getting responses back I prayed again to know if these were the right ones and I simply kept hearing the hymn "I'll Go Where You Want Me To" over and over. So now we have our rotations picked and we were able to work together as a couple to receive inspiration for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment