Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Stake Conference Impressions

This last weekend we had stake conference and there were two things that really stuck out at me. They were both from when President Nye spoke. The first was on Saturday night. President Nye was talking about how he was in the temple praying about what to share and received the impression to share how much Heavenly Father loved us. President Nye remembering counsel from conference asked if there was more and Heavenly Father replied, "Ask the people not to tie my hands in showing them my love." I was really struck but that. Recently I had been thinking about how Heavenly Father loves me in so many ways but I had been missing those manifestations because I was waiting to get pregnant and overcome the depression. When I stopped to focus on what I had been given rather than what I had not I was overcome with feelings of love and peace.

The second thing was on Sunday morning. President Nye talked about how the faith to endure was greater than the faith to see/obtain miracles. He shared the example from the Bible of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. I have been wondering for awhile if I was lacking faith and that was why I wasn't getting my miracle but now I see Heavenly Father is letting me strengthen my faith so I can also say, "But if not".

No comments:

Post a Comment