Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Monday, May 11, 2009

What do books mean to you?

Before we start I will admit this might sound a little sappy. I remember as a child rereading some of the books I owned/favorites (see previous post)over and over especially each time we moved. Since my whole world had just changed I would read my books and the story was the same and the characters were the same and I knew there was consistency somewhere. I also read books so often because they gave me a world of experiences that I never would have had if I had just lived my own life. With books (and with movies and TV shows also) I get very involved in the characters' lives that I forget they aren't real sometimes. I will admit I still wonder how Monica and Chandler are doing with the twins and if Rachel and Ross were able to stay together. Yes I admit it is a sick obsession. I think this is why I love books that are in a series so much-I get more of the characters I love or hate. So to sum it up books become my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Books mean the world to me. I used to think that I would end up working for a bookstore but it has never happened sadly. I could spend all day reading if I could.

    ReplyDelete