Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Losing my cool

Have you ever learned something from being in an argument with someone? If yes, Why?

My freshman year of college my roommate and I were not compatible in the slightest. I had morning classes so I wanted to get up early and go to bed early, she had afternoon classes so she wanted to stay up late and sleep in etc etc. We got in a few heated arguments over little dumb things but the thing I remember the most was that she couldn't tell me I was wrong if I started with "I feel/think". Ever since then I have tried really hard to avoid pointing fingers and just say what I am perceiving. I have not been perfect at this but living with her for a while really helped me learn how to deal with people in a more productive way.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I haven't had much chance to read it- but now we're connected. I love the 'ericelle' larsen thing.

    Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you telling me about this. I call those "I" statements. I'm working on them.

    ReplyDelete