This past week I went to the doctor and he told me that he is pretty sure I have endometriosis. That wasn't what I was expecting at all. The reason it has settled into my mind so firmly is that it is a factor in fertility. In fact 1/3-1/2 of all women who have fertility problems deal with endometriosis. So this has caused us to take a step back and look at what we want and when we want it.
While at this point we don't know the severity of my condition it has been interesting to hear how people respond. The most common has been to tell me of all the women they knew who were able to get pregnant and overcome this condition. After this I understand the Relief Society lesson we had a few weeks ago. We talked about offering comfort in times of death. While in this situation there hasn't been a death a lot of the same principles apply when people go through trials. In that regard I am grateful that this experience has opened my eyes a little bit to know how to offer sympathy to others whether in times of trial or death.
Babe, I love you! I am so sorry you have to go through this. With things like this, I'm sure that you don't want advice or anything like that, but just know that it will all work out for the good of your family, even if you don't realize it now. You may be blessed with an abundance of children or wait til the eternities, but either way, you'll be great parents!
ReplyDeleteThat's tough stuff you're dealing with. I hope things are going okay for you guys. Diddo to Rheanna's comment. It's amazing--and sometimes hard--understanding how the Lord helps us to stretch and grow.
ReplyDelete