
There comes a time in every adults life when they have to go car shopping and for me and Eric the time has finally come. On Friday we took my car in for an oil change and what we thought would be a quick fix to a small problem (I can hear you giggling, you know what is coming). My car needed new rear struts and also some brake work done. Well we fixed the struts right away because that was urgent but the brakes could wait. I know, I know I would have thought it was the the other way around. Well after a long talk and crunching numbers Eric and I decided it was time to stop putting money into our old cars and go buy a new one (well new for us). Last night on line we found a 2002 Toyota Corolla for 9900 with only 50,000 miles. I agree, what a deal but when we got there this morning the guy told us it had been gone for 2 weeks. The first disappointment to come. After cruising the Merle Hay Auto mile and calling my dad (our resident car expert) we found a Chevy Cobalt that is a 2007 with on 32,000 miles for 11,890. Now we have to start the whole financing dance and see what they will give us for both of our cars. Neither Eric nor I have ever purchased a car (well Eric bought his Mustang through a lady he worked with but never a dealer). So we hope we don't show our greenness too bad when dealing with the salesman. Luke, the dealer (of cars, not drugs) at Stivers was the favorite of the day. So if anyone has any advice feel free to share. Please no horror stories, I am scared to buy a car already.
No comments:
Post a Comment