Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Amana Colonies


Last week Eric and I took a quick over night trip to the Amana Colonies here in Iowa. It is an Amish community about an hour and half drive from Des Moines. We stayed Tuesday night in a great bed and breakfast.





Yes, that is a jacuzzi tub in the middle of the room. Our room was actually a two room suite. I loved the little sitting room but we ended up not using it all. There was a pool and hot tub out back but it was too cold. In the morning we went to breakfast with the other people who were staying there. There were 4 couples from the Twin Cities who drive their sports cars around for fun. They were funny!!! We talked and laughed for about an hour.

After breakfast we went and toured around the town a bit. The best part was we found a dining room table that we loved.



There was so much to look at. Also at the furniture store you could look into the workshop and watch the craftsmen build the furniture.



We filled out tummies at yummy little bakery and had some friends join us while we ate on the patio. I felt like Cinderella or Giselle with all of my little animal friends.




At one of the shops I found pottery that I really liked. I try to not fall in love with stuff like this too often because by the times I can go back to get it I can never find it but it was really cute.




After a yummy lunch we drove down to Nauvoo to go to the Temple and then drove home. It was great to have a quick little get away for just the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment