Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Thursday, October 29, 2009

I'm slowly starting to understand

Starting yesterday on Wednesday's and Thursday mornings I take care of one of the cutest little 2 month olds named Skylie. Yesterday I only had her for a few hours before her mom (Erin) came home from work. Then today I had her all morning. While I have never doubted the importance of being a stay at home mom I always slightly wondered how people didn't get bored/why they said they never got anything done. Well....

this morning Skylie didn't want to stay asleep. She would sleep for about 3 minutes and then wake herself up and whimper. Part of it was my fault I am still learning how to swaddle tightly. I think the other part was just us getting to used to each other. Before I knew it I had spent an hour helping her sleep and then she would only sleep snuggled up next to me. By the time Matt came I had only managed to make my bed and write down a few thoughts about by lesson on Sunday.

Now Erin-this is not complaining so no worries, it is more of an epiphany. One of the reasons I wanted to help take care of Skylie was because I knew it would help me be a better mom someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment