Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Girls, books and Pumpkin Bars

Last night I went to a book discussion group with some ladies I know from church. We read "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan". Hilery, our gracious host, managed to have Lisa See the author on a conference call for us so we could talk to her about the book. The book is a hard one for me to read because the characters don't find a lot of joy in their lives. I did love talking about the book with other women and hearing their opinions.

I have known about the book club for awhile but had never been able to go. Plus for my job I had to lead a few book discussions and they didn't always go really well so I think I was dragging my feet to go to this one. In the end I am very glad I went and had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment