On Saturday I went to the Stake Training for Relief Society before going to the dinner (which was fabulous) and the broadcast. After the training I was so excited about my calling and starting thinking and planning to do it better and have it be better for the sisters. Then Sister Beck gets on and tells us that Relief Society is being restructured. I was stunned. My calling still exists and meetings will still happen just with different names and with less guidelines on the number of times they are offered. I am super excited for the talks to be in print so I can print them off and read them over and over.
On that note the other talks given were fabulous. I loved how Sister Beck talked about how visiting teaching is a way of life. She made me want to be so much better at doing it. I am so grateful for so many men who were willing to help put on the dinner and watch children so all the sisters could meet together. It was great to be there with friends and family and enjoy that time as women. I almost wish that there was more time to repay and offer something for the priesthood brethren during Priesthood session. (notice I said almost-that is a lot of work).
No comments:
Post a Comment