Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The simplicity of it all


On Saturday I finished reading "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown. It was a good read and one I enjoyed for the most part. As with his other books it was filled with twists and turns and layers of meaning in everything. In the end it was decided that man can become like God but only through their own efforts. While I don't disagree with the idea that man can become like God I do disagree with the idea that we can only do it by ourselves. On Sunday the speakers spoke about how to bring Christ into the center of our lives and how to have a Gospel centered home. During those talks and also during the rest of the meeting I just thinking about how grateful I was that I knew the true Gospel and that is was so pure and simple. I can see why books such as Dan Brown's through people into such a frenzy-they don't know the truth. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is so pure and so simple and after this weekend my testimony of its truthfulness has deepened.

No comments:

Post a Comment