Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Friday, April 2, 2010

Tigger vs Eeyore


Last night at book club we talked about "The Last Lecture" at one point he (the author Randy Pauch) talked about being a Tigger rather than an Eeyore. In all honesty I would have to say I am probably more of an Eeyore and even have the umbrella to prove it. Before book club I had a few minutes and read an article on gratitude in the March Ensign. Now as a disclaimer I know that depression and anxiety are caused by more than me just being ungrateful but I had a bit of an "aha" moment. If I tried to be more positive and grateful maybe things would be a bit easier to deal with. I know all of you out there are going "yeah we know that already and it works great". I know I am a little slow coming to the party but I thought "hey, all of these great women that I know seem to be doing great maybe I should try this". So here is me turning over a new leaf-did you see it? It is like spring and a new beginning all at once. I am going to be more grateful and optimistic. But don't worry I don't have to be the only Tigger you can come too.

No comments:

Post a Comment