So after moaning and stressing and even having some dreams about a dress for the DMU Winter Gala I found a dress on Friday night. AFter a long day at work I wasn't in the mood to go home so I had Eric take me out to dinner at Famous Dave's and then we decided to go over to Valley West Mall to look around and see if I could find a dress. We were in Dillards and thinking there was no way I would be able to afford anything there I found a dress on sale that is very pretty. I was so excited. The funniest part is as I was stepping out of the dressing room to show Eric the dress another girl stepped out of the room across the hall at the same time in the same dress. So our trip was very successful. The great part is I can wear shoes and jewelery I already have.
On Saturday we woke up early and went to Omaha to go to the temple. We took family names and did baptisms for some of my ancestors. It was really cool to do the work for someone that is releated to me. That was the first time I had done baptisms since before my mission and it was fun to do those again.
That night Eric's company had an employee appreciation night at InPlay in Des Moines. The first couple hours were dinner and a presentation. The last half we got to go play video games and climb rock walls and do all sorts of fun things. Sadly no pictures.
On Sunday we had Ward Conference and it was a great experience to feel like I am doing a lot of missionary work in my own little way just by talking about the church wth people at work. I loved the approach the stake took to try and get people motivated.
Over all it was a great weekend filled with fun times.
Glad you found a dress!
ReplyDelete