Just the two of us
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Everything Creative
Recently I have been listening to mormonchannel.org's series "Everything Creative". I am almost too inspired after listening to each episode. Each time I hear about something I want to try it. As it is I don't have time to work on my hobbies I don't need to be adding things to my life. At the same time I have been watching the Olympics. I am in awe of people who love something so much that they are willing to give up all other interests to pursue just one thing. Adding to the thoughts going around in my head are memories from a workshop at Girls Camp. During the workshop the teacher talked about finding our talents. One of the best ways to find out what our talents are is to pursue interests. There are so many things I want to do and try but I also know that time is a precious commodity. Right now the list of things I would like to try or keep working on is pretty long: crocheting, quilting, altered books, sewing crafts, sign language, piano, fashion and home decorating. Now I just need to find a way to follow Sister Beck's advice about working first on essential things that lead to salvation, next on necessary things that are needed for life to function and then work on nice to do things. Balance-the key word of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment