I took Josh and Vivian berry picking today at a farm about 25 miles outside of Baltimore. I didn't take any pictures because keeping the two little ones from eating everything in sight while picking fruit was enough of a handful. We were able to pick peaches, blackberries, blueberries, onions and beets. Afterwards we had a picnic and then the two little ones slept the whole way home. Once we were home we realized we had brought home a stowaway. A catapiller crawled out of the beets and was making his getaway. We filled a plastic jar with leaves and cut holes in the top. Josh was very excited to have a new "pet".
As we were coming back into Baltimore I felt my blood pressure go up just a titch, just like it does everytime I come back into a city after being in the country for a while. When I came home from camp I felt the same way. When Eric is done with his residency and we are able to have more say as to where we live I hope I can live somewhere a bit farther out in the country. I am so grateful for all of the trees that are near my apartment.
No comments:
Post a Comment