Just the two of us
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Dreaming in Blocks
I know I posted about this last year but I can't seem to let go of the desire to make a quilt. The big thing holding me back right now is the money involved to get started. I would have to start from complete scratch-needles, scissors/cutters, everything. It also doesn't help that I have been reading the Elm Creek Quilts series. Crochet is still something I enjoy but I also want to expand a bit. In the past I have looked into other hobbies or crafts and always come back to crocheting. Part of me is a little worried that I will invest a lot of money into quilting and then not really want to do it after making a quilt or only a few blocks. In high school for my YW Personal Progress I made a nine patch quilt for my bed but I tied so I have pieced a quilt top but I haven't quilted before. Another challenge that maybe the quilters out there can answer. What do I do with the quilts once I am done? I have this problem with crochet as well. I mean a person only needs so many blankets. I will keep you posted on how I do with this perplexing dilemma.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've always wanted to try quilting too, but between the cost, finding the time and worrying that I'd get 1/2 way through and hate it...never done it! You should try it for both of us :o)
ReplyDelete