Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Relief Society

In the past two weeks in addition to the Sunday Relief Society meetings I have been to a Thursday night meeting and then a work out Zumba group. After leaving both meetings I was really uplifted and grateful for the chance that I had to be with sisters and to be doing uplifting activities. At the Thursday night meeting we ate dinner and then made a fabric pumpkin craft (I'll post pictures later). Being with other women who were there to enjoy company and to learn something new was a great blessing for me.

At the Zumba group we had a blast jumping around and working out. There was a mixture of all ages and we were all there in work out clothes and levels of fitness and we just enjoyed the time and the chance to be healthy. As I was leaving I thought that is what Relief Society is really about. One sister knew a lot about zumba and so she shares her talent with others who are willing to learn. No one was worried about looking the best or being the best dancer. We all just enjoyed the time together. With all the sweat the room was also filled with love and the desire to help each other be the best they could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment