Tomorrow Eric and I will move to Johnson City, TN. We will be there for 4 months straight. With this move we are 1/3 of the way through this crazy year. When we left Iowa in May I had all sorts of plans of things I was going to accomplish and things I wanted to do. Looking back in all honesty I haven't really done a whole lot with the time I have been given. I fell into my old routine of waiting until later to work on something.
Growing up with my dad in the Navy I learned to start over really well and that has helped me in so many ways over my life. I also never learned to stick things out or to work with what I have been given. For me there is always a better time to start something new or to make a change. I found I did this a lot the last four months. I was always willing to wait until the next day, the next week, or the next move.
I have learned that making a daily list of things to I want to get done helps me a ton! I have also learned that too many things on that list overwhelms me and causes me to go back to bed. Because of this I have tried really hard to keep my to-do lists to only six or seven items. Sometimes I do have six for work and then six for everything else but I find that six or seven is the best number for me-I feel accomplished at the end of the day but not overwhelmed at the start.
I have decided on a few things I want to work on in TN. First, is working out. Eric and I decided to invest in P90X. I am pretty sure it is going to kill me but I hope it will help me get in shape. We had talked about joining a gym but there weren't any close to where we will be staying and they were way more expensive than P90X. Here goes nothing. Second, I have felt that without being part of a ward I have missed out on a lot. I had decided to start the YW Personal Progress since it had changed so much since I did it in high school. While I was still mulling this over when on Sunday the lesson last week in RS was about doing the Virtue project-both the YW and the RS sisters. I knew that this was something I needed to do after hearing this lesson.
I am also just going to work on using my time better in general aka not going back to bed until 11 every morning after Eric leaves for the hospital. There are so many things that I could be doing I just like to sleep A LOT. Now I just need to find the drive.
Ah P90x is brutal but oh so lovely. You'll have never felt so exhausted and so awesome for doing something so hard. Way to go!
ReplyDeleteI totally know how you feel. Moving around a lot helps me get more comfortable quicker than I think a lot of people, but it has also made me a non-finisher! I hadn't thought about it much in a while, sometimes I miss that life......most of the time I don't :o)
ReplyDeleteGood for you for starting P90X! Investing in yourself is ALWAYS worthwhile. Keep us posted on your progress (don't forget your 'before' pictures), and let me know if I can provide support in any way.
ReplyDelete