Just the two of us
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Finishing up the month
Since Halloween is upon us I thought I would catch up the blog so I can start November all caught up. On Friday night our ward here in Johnson City did their Halloween party and trunk or treat. The Relief Society was in charge of the cake walk. I baked! This was my first time baking since we left my parents house last spring. It was actually really enjoyable. I want to keep going but I can't bring myself to spend the money for all the stuff I want to use to bake with.
Last weekend Eric and I went with the ward on a temple trip. Our temple is the Columbia South Carolina Temple. From where we are at it is about a four drive. I woke up on Saturday morning with a migraine headache. After a praying and working at it I was able to get up and get going. This is a pattern for me. Whenever we have to get up early to get to the temple I never feel well. But I have found that every time once I get up and go I feel better by the time we arrive at the temple. The Columbia Temple is a small temple like the one in Winter Quarters and few others we have been to in the past few months. I love that I don't get lost when we go to these temples. It was a great day and I was truly grateful for the chance we had to go especially since we won't be able to go in November. The temple always helps things go better.
On our way home from the temple we stopped at a scenic overlook right near the Tennessee/North Carolina border. When we pulled over I didn't realize it was a bit of a hike up to the top. We had to go up 150 feet and I was wearing three inch heels. My calves were feeling that. Once we got to the top the view was worth the work.
Those are the major events from the past couple of weeks. It has been really great to be able to enjoy such a nice long autumn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment