I have a friend who every month makes goals and puts them on her blog and at the end of the month posts how she did with her goals. I thought it was a good thing since it helps make her more accountable and since I haven't been doing the best at following my goals that I have made I thought I would give this a try.
1) When I stopped going to school I promised myself I would keep reading, and would read more than just teen fiction. Well I haven't been doing all that well mostly because non fiction doesn't really interest me and so many adult novels are trash. So I have revised my plan. Each month I will read the entire Ensign, study a topic that I wish to learn more about, and read at least one adult novel. For June I am studying personal finance. I realized that there wasn't a whole lot about finance that I knew and now that I am pretending to be an adult I thought I should learn how to use my money (and how to spell finance, spell check is a wonderful thing).
2) When Eric and I got married we were so excited because we would live a four minute walk to his school gym that we get to use for free. Since we have been married I think I have been once and Eric only a few more times. I am going to work really hard to start working out 4 times a week. Right now I am not going to put a weight goal because I want to focus on working out and having fun while doing it.
3) With only working part time I should have enough time to do hobbies along with keep my house clean and picked up, notice the word should. So I am going to start making plans on how to use my day even if I don't have anything appointments or anything of the like the next day. I would love to get caught up on my scrapbooking, really start my family history and work on learning how to knit (especially since I have to teach people starting next week at work).
4) With my new calling as Enrichment counselor I need to focus on my calling and also be ready to help the Relief Society President in anyway she needs it. The bishop asked me when I was called to use Enrichment to really focus on the Savior and help the sisters come closer to Savior. I feel in order to do this I need to continue personal scripture study as well as reading the lessons in advance. I also need to continue to go to the temple once a month. In order to help bring others to the Savior I know I need to be doing things in my own life to bring myself closer to Him as well.
So that is my June focus. We shall see how I do and how far I get. One thing I really remember about my mission in regards to goals is even if you don't make your goal think of how much farther along you are than if you hadn't made the goal at all.
Good Luck! I think your goals are awesome and have fun!
ReplyDeleteHi Kristelle & Eric.
ReplyDeleteWe just received your blog information from Mike. We find it very enjoyable and interesting. It is wonderful to learn about your day to day activities and the many good things you do together and with your family. We are so happy about you two. We brag and show off your picture every chance we get.
It was wonderful that you and your family could go to Florida for a few days.
As I read your earlier bogs, it is apparent you have a busy, exciting and well balanced life together. It is very obvious that your are both happy and very much in love.
We are both doing okay. In the morning we will go to our mission for the day. We look forward to it each week. The first year sure went by fast. We have extended for another 18 months.
I picked up a new Family History client today. He is a retired Heinz foods executive. He is a non member. I was able to explain our motivation for doing Famioy History and a little about the temple. They met with the missionaries for about 3 hours a couple of months ago. They each have a Book of Mormon, but haven't seriously started reading it yet.
Kristelle, if you would like Eric's geanealogy on his dad's side of the family I would be happy to send you a copy. I assume you have the PAF program.
Better sign off for know. Love ya both. Grandpa & Grandma Larsen