
It is amazing how much more responsible I have to be with being married. I lived with my parents or was on my mission the three years before I got married so I am relearning how to be a grown up. Luckily Eric had been living on his own for two years so he knows what is going on. Today we went to Target to get odds and ends and Eric was the one who kept track of what we had picked up and how much it was so we knew how much more we needed to use our $10 off a $100 dollar coupon (which he remembered we had and remembered to get). With Eric going to school he gets to be home a lot as do I with only working part time at the library so we have had a lot of time together to learn how we want to run our home together.
Last night we had our first FHE with just the two of us. Since we spend so much time together it almost didn't feel necessary but we both agreed that we wanted to get into the habit of having a regular FHE so that when children come later we will be more prepared. We played Candy Land since Eric had no memories of ever playing the game. I killed him in the first game and during the second game while he was winning he suggested we do 2 out of 3. Well shortly thereafter I beat him again so I don't think he has any good memories of playing Candy Land yet.
Last night we had our first FHE with just the two of us. Since we spend so much time together it almost didn't feel necessary but we both agreed that we wanted to get into the habit of having a regular FHE so that when children come later we will be more prepared. We played Candy Land since Eric had no memories of ever playing the game. I killed him in the first game and during the second game while he was winning he suggested we do 2 out of 3. Well shortly thereafter I beat him again so I don't think he has any good memories of playing Candy Land yet.
We are so excited for the two of you. It is really exciting getting to set up a new house. And don't worry, you will get the hang of this grown up thing really quick. By the way, Travis decided on a Wii for his birthday. We already opened it and I kicked his butt at bowling. You and Eric will have to come over sometime soon to play with us.
ReplyDeleteOh, I LOVE candyland! That must have been super fun!
ReplyDelete