Eric loves to run, and run, and run and run. Me, well I like to think about running. So yesterday Eric decided he was going to go for a run and I was going to go with him. This sounds like a plan full of pain and lots of gasping for air. Well I was going to ride Eric's bike. Okay I haven't ridden a bike in year's but how hard can it be? Well first there are the special shoes. There is this little metal clip on the bottom of the shoes that attaches your feet to special pedals. If you know me you know I am a bit of a klutz and so riding a bike with me feet attached to the bike sounds like a bad idea (yes I was panicking at this point). So after a few minutes of snapping and unsnapping my feet I am starting to feel better. Then Eric breaks out his camel back ( a water bottle you wear on you back). So now I have to have my feet attached to the pedals and also have a tube that I have to bite, pull down on and suck on all at the same time while riding one handed; oh and not fall off.
Off we go on our adventure. I manage to only veer off course about three times turning it into an off roading bike ride for a bit, almost run over Eric once and not fall off. Eric after running five miles is sweating and breathing hard and wanting to throw up but me I am fine, I feel great! A nice little ride around the lake and I have nothing to worry about, or so I thought. After our ride we cleaned up and went to my parents house. Eric was jumping up and down excited since my brother had purchased a Wii and we were all going to play it. I must admit in real life I can't bowl to save my life (I even bowled a four once!) but in Wii world I am amazing! I totally won! This a great game! Then it was on to tennis :( There Eric and my brother both beat me but I was holding me own for the most part. After taking a break to design our whole family's Miis we started boxing. The boys (Eric and my brother) are doing okay. They normally have to knock the guy down two or three times to knock him out. Then it is my turn. I get up and start punching the guy goes down really fast and stays down! I had done better than the boys in boxing. Granted my form was horrible and Rocky would probably cry watching me try but I won. Of course the boys got back up and after trying my technique did a little better. So that ended our night of just playing video games, no physical strain right? Wrong
Between the bike ride and the Wii my legs are very sore this morning. Who knew a video game and a leisurely bike ride around a lake could cause so much pain.
Eric & Kristelle,
ReplyDeleteI am enjoying your blog site, being able to, in a way, share in your experiences. It helps to decrease the sense of separation. Keep up on periodic updates. Kristelle, your writing style is fun and easy to read.
Thanks.
That was hilarious! Good to know that someone is better in the Wii world at bowling---I got beat by a FOUR year old! Great stories
ReplyDelete