Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Saturday, April 26, 2008

The doldrums of life

I remember when Eric and were dating and I thought life would calm down once we were married. Well I was wrong. This past week we tried to get my new drivers license and social security card so I could change my name. Eric also needed a new social security card since he had lost his and an Iowa drivers license. So we started in downtown Des Moines at the social security office. Well they wouldn't let me get my card since the marriage certificate didn't have my name as "Kristelle Larsen" printed on it and I didn't have a photo ID with that on it. So Eric was able to get his card and then we drove to Ankeny to get drivers licenses. At first the DOT didn't want to give me a license for the same reason but one employee knew that some states don't print the name that way. So I was able to get my drivers licence with "Kristelle Larsen" on it. Well Eric wasn't able to get his because they needed proof of residency. He had a letter with the address on it but it was less than 30 days old and we had my car so he couldn't use his car registration and they wanted his social security card. So then we went back to the social security office to get my new social security card. It was a very time consuming afternoon but we only dealt with very polite people and were in and out very quickly. But Eric is still a Utah resident at this point.

The sad thing is that was the most exciting thing that happened this week. We are busy doing all the odds and ends that come with life. On Sunday we are having my family over for dinner and FHE. We realized my family helped us move in but haven't seen the apartment since it was a complete mess filled with boxes. And since we finally got unpacked this week we figured we would show the place off.

No comments:

Post a Comment