Last Christmas my parents gave me a Nook and I have loved it. One of the first things I did was load with free books from Barnes and Noble. One of the first things I downloaded was the Anne of Green Gables Series. I grew reading the series with "Anne of Windy Poplars" and "Anne of Ingleside" included in the series but both of those were written later and added back in . Who knew? I just finished "Rainbow Valley" and am being a little slow at starting "Rilla of Ingleside" because that book always makes me cry. The first time I read it I was at school and that was quite a challenge to keep from sobbing openly.
I love rereading these books for a number of reasons but one of them is because of the zest for life that Anne always has (well technically I guess Lucy wrote about). This book makes me want to do something more. I am not even sure what that means but I feel it deep down. These books also get me thinking about "kindred spirits" or "the race that knows Joseph" and I agree that there is something to that theory. There are people that I meet that I just click with and feel connected to no matter what and others that no matter how hard I try the relationship just isn't there.
If anyone has not read these books I would recommend them to anyone of any age. These are books that make your soul feel more content in life but also makes you want to achieve all that you can in life at the same time. Great books really do change lives.
Love those books, i can't wait to start reading them with payton!
ReplyDelete