Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Sunday, October 2, 2011

What a whirlwind



My in-laws and grandma in-law came into town on Friday Sept 30th and we had a blast doing so many things that I will post about later with pictures. The big thing I wanted to update was a new calling I received last week at church. On Sunday morning Eric and I were trying to get out of the door to get to church when the Bishop called wanting to meet with me before church (church was starting in 12 minutes and we were still at home with a 14 minute drive). I didn't think much of it because I had just been called to teach Sunday School in August and figured there was just some changes with that. Boy was I wrong. We got into the church building and the 1st Counselor in the Bishopric pulled Eric and I into the YW's room. The first thing he said was we are reorganizing the Relief Society Presidency and my heart stopped for a second. Brother Tobin continued that they had called Ali Crandall to be President and I was to be her second counselor. I was so relieved to not be president that I said "Yes". At this point we ran into to Sacrament meeting where I was sustained. The timing was pretty nifty since Eric's parents and Grandma were able to be there when I was set apart.

Last night during Priesthood we had our first Presidency meeting and Ali asked me to be over RS activities, visiting teaching and YSA sisters. It is very similar to what I was doing in this calling when I served in Iowa after Eric and I were first married. I am already very aware of somethings I want to do differently in this calling. Not only because the wards are different but also because I would like to grow and learn more. I am excited to work with these sisters (none of whom I know very well) and to serve the sisters in the ward. The kicker is I haven't been released as a Sunday School teacher yet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment