Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Monday, March 28, 2011

Real Salt Lake





Saturday night Eric and I went with his parents and sister and brother-in-law to the Real Soccer game. For those of you not up on professional soccer it is pronounced Re al (royalty in Spanish). There is a huge stadium in Sandy. Eric and I switched tickets with his parents so we were in the second row right in the middle of the field and they were up in the nosebleeds. We figured out that they knew it was going to rain and wanted to be in the covered seats but they ended up with the windy seats.

Eric and I are working on saving money so we snuck in some granola bars. We knew we would probably have to buy water. The moment we sat down we were approached by people who work for the stadium. One was the announcer guy and then his helper guy. Eric did one of those quizzes that they do with people out of the crowd. Eric got the right answer and we won free...WATER. It really wasn't a big prize but it saved us from having to spend any money.

The game was great. Real won 4-1 against the LA Galaxy. At one point I was like 10 feet from David Beckham. Even in the wind and rain it was a really fun game.

1 comment:

  1. Never been to a Real game, but I've heard they are lots of fun. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete