On Monday we found out Eric will be going to Baltimore for residency. This is really good news for a lot of reasons. One he matched and didn't have to scramble or worry about being one of the 60 or so students who won't get a spot. Two the program is really good and he will get to work with the Rubin Institute which is a top podiatry clinic/hospital. Three we really liked the city and four the program really wanted Eric.
But I will admit I am stressing about it a lot. Hence the insomnia. The program doesn't pay that great considering the cost of living. We will have to be so strict on our budget. Also we are having a bit of a struggle finding housing. Eric doesn't get to park for free at the VA where he will spend 3/4 of his time so we want to live in walking distance for him but that means itty bitty row houses with big rent payments. Also because of this I am in the mood to purge like crazy but all of my stuff is in Iowa and i am in Utah. In case any one is looking we are selling a dining room table and a tv. I was so excited to find out where we are going for residency but right away I went into plan making mode and and stressing over not knowing what is coming next.
That's exciting about Baltimore! That sounds like it would be tons of fun! I'm sure it will all work out! Hope you're enjoying your stay in Utah!
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain! So excited about where we are going but really nervous about how we are going to make it work with a family of 5. Yikes! Good luck! And congrats on the match!
ReplyDelete