As previously mentioned Eric and I went to the Mall of America over the 4th of July weekend. While I was there I splurged and bought a few things. My biggest purchase was make-up and skin care products from the Bare Escentuals store. I have loved it!! My skin has been doing great!! It has only done this well twice in my life-when I was on Acutane and then when I was in Korea. Even though it was more expensive I haven't regretted my purchase at all.
I also purchased the Smooth Away thing that is supposed to be even greater than shaving. Yeah not so much-after 35 minutes I hadn't even half way finished "smoothing" my legs, the hair did not grow back softer or slower and after trying it on my underarms I almost cried. Don't use on sensitive areas. This wasn't no where near as expensive as my make-up but I regret the money I did spend on this.
That is my soapbox for my two more recent purchases. One great one bad.
Quality make-up is so worth it. A good foundation primer - and foundation - is worth their weight in gold.
ReplyDeleteSo this is an old post to be commenting on but I had to laugh because I had the same experience. I love Bare Escentials and I hated the Smooth Away thing. I actually tried it over a year ago and have just seen more advertisments lately and thought maybe it was better now, so I'm glad you posted so I didn't make the same mistake twice.
ReplyDelete