Just the two of us
Saturday, July 18, 2009
I fell down :(
Saturdays are really tricky when it comes to sharing the car when both Eric and I have to work. The bus is either too early or too late for me to get to work and when Eric works at the west side Blood Center there isn't really a bus that comes to our house. This being said I decided to be brave and ride the bike to work this morning. Overall it went really well. I was planning on wearing a helmet but as I was tightening the strap it broke. At that point I was running late and needed to leave so I just prayed my head wouldn't end up looking like a post-Halloween pumpkin. About half of the way I rode on the sidewalks since they are very wide and a lot smoother and there are no cars. The problem came when Grand Ave switches to one way and does this weird curve thing. I had stopped at a stoplight and only unclipped one foot. Big mistake. Eric's bike has special pedals that go with special shoes that clip together so make bike riding more efficient. I thought I was okay with only one unclipped until I started to lose my balance. With my other foot still attached to the bike I was a goner. Luckily it was one of those slow motion falls and I didn't get hurt at all. I just felt quite silly. I made it to work okay and Eric is picking me up so I don't have to ride the bike home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sad :(
ReplyDelete