Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Who put the fabric limit on dresses?

So every year DMU hosts a Winter Gala that is a fancier version of prom for med students. In recently started looking for a dress since the dance is black tie optional and I have decided some where along the line (maybe with economy being so bad) there is a limit on how much fabric can be in a dress. When the sleeves get longer the dress gets shorter!!! The irony is the prices are still astronomical. So I am not sure what to do. If any one has any suggestions or a dress that I could borrow that would be great.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if you went last year or not because I didn't know you then. A lot of us just wore plain black dresses. They weren't fancy. Just something we would probably wear to church. I didn't feel out of place and I had a cute new dress for church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently it sounds like you need to buy 2 dresses, one with sleeves and one with length. I remember those struggles, just in trying to find a prom dress that was decent. You should have looked while you were out here in Utah-they've got TONS. Unfortunately, I don't have any great options for you. Random note-did you know that Target has started selling a few pieces of formal wear-how random is that? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete