Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Friday, January 23, 2009

One Unusual morning

So this morning Eric had to be to work at 6 (yep in the AM) so I was lazy and slept in until I had just enough time to get my butt out the door before I had to catch the bus-yep like back in high school. Well I double checked the bus schedule and I had ten more minutes than I thought I had so I even did the dishes. Then I went to the bus stop and waited and waited and waited and waited in the very cold weather. Yep you guessed it the bus was late. And not 5 minutes late but TWENTY MINUTES LATE!!!! Needless to say I was late for work. Then I finally get on the bus. At the bus stop I was chatting with the man who was waiting with me and mentioned that I was late for work. When we got on the bus he mentioned that he hoped I didn't get in trouble for being late. Another man heard that and from the front of the bus was yelling things about not being late for work since there are so many people looking for work and if you are supposed to be there at 9 be there at 8:45 etc etc. A few minutes later a gentleman who is a regular at the library (if I am being honest a regular pain) got on. Could he find his card and let the whole bus get going? Of course not so then we sat there while he found his card. I finally got to work at about 9:15. This was not the best start to my morning but luckily my boss understood and my feet are finally defrosting. I think I will be able to keep all of toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment