Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Doing the mom thing

I work as a nanny so Monday-Friday, 7:30-3:30 I take care of two great little kids. This weekend Mandy and Fred went out of town for a wedding and Eric and I stayed overnight with the kids. Eric and I got to the house on Saturday at noon. We decided to take the kids to the zoo and we had a great time. The weather was absolutely perfect. At one point we were sitting at a table eating a snack and I got teary eyed because it was just one of those perfect moments in life. Later that night we took the kids to The Green Turtle for dinner. Eric was in shock with how much Vivian can eat in one sitting. Josh has a habit of getting up super early about every other morning and this morning was one of those mornings. Eric being the amazing man that he is and an early riser was up with Josh at 5:20 a.m. Eric has a conference and so he had to head to D.C. at 6 a.m. I did the whole getting ready for church and getting to church and getting through sacrament meeting all by myself with two kids. Mandy and Fred go to church with kids but the kids go to the nursery/kids class. I was so proud of how well Vivi and Josh did during sacrament meeting. Josh did about 20 minutes of Primary before he was ready to come back to me. After Sunday school we came on home and the kids took a nap. Eric finished up his conference and it is so much fun to have him around when I am with the kids. I give props to all the moms and dads to get up and get kids to church every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment