One of my New Year's Resolutions was to update my blog weekly. I have fallen a little short but I am much farther along already than last year. The past couple of weeks have been pretty routine. To be honest I feel a bit like I am survival mode. Eric has to be on a train to DC every morning by 5 am so that means really early mornings in our house. In an ideal world I go to the gym and get ready and have time for personal scripture study before work. In the real world I go home and sleep for about an hour before racing around the house to get to work on time. The irony is at night I have a hard time falling asleep.
On top of all of that I decided to make a quilt. I had been thinking about it for about a year and I finally decided to do it. I found a pattern I liked that wasn't too girly or too complicated. I went and bought fabric and went to work. I have hit a few bumps in the road but I am doing okay. Luckily my fabulous friend lent me her sewing machine so I won't be on death's door when I am finishing the poor thing. I am excited because I know when it is done I am going to love having it on my bed every night. Eric even helped me cut some of the fabric (I think he was actually having fun). I am not sure if I am just really dense or if the math is wrong but I think the pattern was made for a smaller throw blanket and when the measurements were done for a queen bed it didn't all work out. But I am making it work and I am excited to be trying something new.
Right now I am super excited for the upcoming Florida vacation. We get to see family, enjoy the sunshine, go to the beach and sleep in later than 5 AM! One of the great things about my job is I can spend every afternoon outside so I won't be quite as white when I hit the beach.
I am excited for your vacation. I know you will have fun. We just went to New Mexico for our last vacation of the year and it was awesome. Have fun!!! And I just want to let you know I miss your smiling face.
ReplyDelete