Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Life

I know I have been a little MIA lately. Mostly because I felt like there wasn't anything in my life really worth sharing. When the most exciting thing that happens is a mouse in the kitchen it is time to re-evaluate how you spend your time. I also realized I needed to change something when my husband would come home telling me about his day and all the real people he talked to and I would update him on characters from TV shows.

One of the things I did was join a book group at the library. I went in July and enjoyed it a lot. We read the book "Breaking Night" which was not a book I ever would have picked up but I really enjoyed it and was glad I took the chance to open my mind to something new. I have already read the book for this month and once again it wasn't anything I ever would have picked up. "Room" was one of those books I had to get into slowly. I would read a few pages here and there. Honestly I did this because the book scared me but in the end it was a satifsying read and I really fell in love with Jack. It was more tame in some ways than I was expecting which was a relief. I am excited to go this month to talk about the book with the group.

One of the other changes I made was I stopped looking for a job. After applying for a lot of jobs and getting no where I realized that I needed to focus on Mary Kay. With not knowing a lot of people here it has been a slow start but I am enjoying it and grateful I have the chance to earn money and help people in my life. Along with focusing on Mary Kay I have been going to weekly Success meetings which helps me get motivated and also meet new people.

The last thing I have really started to dabble in is Etsy. For years I have crocheted blankets and toys and other things to give as gifts but sometimes there wasn't anyone who needed anything. I know Etsy won't make me a millionaire but it gives me a creative outlet and a justification for all the crocheting I enjoy doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment