Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Frogs and snails and puppy dog tails vs sugar and spice and everything nice

This afternoon I had my lipstick samples out because I was helping my sister pick out a new lip gloss sample that she wanted to get. While we were doing this Isaac wanted to try some on. Before I really thought about it I told him that lipstick was only for girls. Well at that age you all know what came next: the question "why". Once again I spoke before I thought and told him that little boys didn't need it because they are already perfect. Looking back I wanted to kick myself because I pretty much told him that girls need to change to be good enough. I know he is only 4 and this probably won't scare him for life. More than anything it was an eye opener about how hard it is to be a parent and how little ones are always learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment